Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kites on the Beach

We loved having Jared and Maren and Preston (or "Presty" as Lacey Grace calls him) here. I think my favorite thing was just sitting around the table or in our teeny family room talking. I love being with family on Sunday especially, enjoying a quiet day and a little dinner together; I've taken that for granted in the past.

Other fun things we did: (Pictures up when Jay can get to them)

1. Painted ceramics at a pottery shop in Peterborough (Preston and Lacey Grace painted cereal bowls and the fellas painted dragons.

2. Went for a little ice cream at a fun seasonal ice cream place called Kimball's in Jaffrey.

3. Celebrated Maren's Birthday with a cake covered in nuts (Brilliant!)

4. Jared and Jay and the boys played Bocci and 500 outside our house.

5. Flew kites at Hampton Beach - one of the few beaches on New Hampshire's small seacoast and a place I love to go. Preston had no interest whatsoever in kites but lots of interest in sand and water. It was chilly and windy and we've never taken Lincoln before so that was exciting but, all in all, a fun time.

Mostly, it was just comfortable and so happy to have some of our family here with us. Thanks, Jared and Maren, for coming so far and loving us even though our bedrooms were messy, we had ants, and one of you had to sleep under a U of U blanket. We LOVED having you here.

3 comments:

JeNeale said...

I saw the pictures of the visit and I was so jealous! Lincoln is a doll and the other kids are gorgeous. It makes me crave getting there to see the place before you all move back here. Oh well, at least I get to see you this summer. Yeah!

TiffahZzZ said...

Oh Kimballs!! I pretty much live at that place!! Glad you had fun!!

Unknown said...

I am so glad that Jared and Maren got to come. I wish that I could have come with them. I can hardly wait until July when we get to see you all. A great big hug to everyone from Grammy.