Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Interjections!

Remember those old Schoolhouse Rock cartoons that came on each Saturday morning like Conjunction Junction, I'm Just a Bill, Unpack Your Adjectives,and so many more? Jay and I have enjoyed watching those again with our kids. Now that I'm a grown-up they seem so profoundly clever.

This week I'm thinking of one called Interjections! during which at one point a cartoon guy shouts, "Hey! That's not fair! Givin' a guy a shot down there!" right as the Doctor gives him a poke on his posterior. Last week I underwent surgery and spent a few days in the hospital and am still recovering. I planned during the recovery to organize my journals and recipe files and read several books. I had no idea that recovery time is actually needed for well, recovery. Five days after surgery I finally finished the last 60 pages of the book I had planned to finish that first night in the hospital. I haven't even glanced at my journals. My doctor was professionally vague about the recovery saying that I would be a little green on the first day but that I would be very bored by the rest of my hospital stay. I took him at his word but now I know better and I join that little cartoon guy interjecting, "Hey! That's not fair!" Encouraging me to set such unrealistic goals. I have another interjection for my doctor. "Hmph!"

4 comments:

JeNeale said...

Hey, at least you're back on the computer! Congratulations! I know recovery stinks, but the end result is fantastic. Hang in there. We're praying for you. Love ya!

Laurie Nelson said...

I am so glad that you are alive and well enough to blog. There will be other days to do the organizing. Take care of the important things. Mostly, take care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

You're a girl after my own heart. Your plans for "recovery" are EXACTLY the plans I would have made--and with the same results! I'm concerned to hear you had surgery. Take care of yourself--I wish there was a way I could help you.

snakeriverwalton said...

Remember what Carrie says- as soon as you change out of your pajamas into real clothes, people think you're better!