Friday, February 13, 2009

Lacey Grace and Romance

With Valentine's Day approaching I thought it appropriate to speak of love and things romantic. The very word, love, makes Ronan lean over into heaving position and Toph (age 11) is beginning to clam up about his feelings on the subject. So today the focus falls squarely on Lacey Grace and two recent experiences.

Recently, while playing at the Johnson's house (the whole family, not just Lacey Grace)LG came running from the room where she'd been playing with Ethan and Aaron. She was distressed in a flattered kind of way. "Ethan tried to kiss me on the..."(here she stopped and pointed emphatically at her lips). She flung herself into my arms and with her face buried she finished, "and Aaron (the older brother) ENCOURAGED him!"

When she was again calm and had left, Nate Johnson (father of these two passionate boys) revealed the following: The previous week he and his boys and our boys had been sitting on the couch looking through a manly book about swords when out of the blue, Lacey Grace entered the room and said, "You boys are going to have to learn to kiss sometime!" That was all. Then she marched out.

Looks like Ethan was just trying to follow her advice.

5 comments:

snakeriverwalton said...

You're going to have to watch this little romantic!

JeNeale said...

I haven't looked at blogs in forever, and I have missed out! I loved reading all your posts at once. Tell that Lacey Grace that boys are gross and kissing is yucky. Keep an eye on her! :)

The Hills said...

Be very afraid!!! That little girl has all the makings of what we call "forward women" :):) I love hearing about these kind of things so that I know I'm not the only one whose eyebrows shoot up in shock at what my children say. Love you, Maren

Jay Hill said...

I know I'm smitten with my little Grace-Grace.

At 5, she still adores me, so I am trying to bask in that.

Unknown said...

I love you Lacey Grace. Thanks for sharing that cute experience with us. Keep it coming Laur. Love, Mom