Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tag

10 Years ago: Jay and I were living in the Governor's Mansion in Salt Lake City with our baby boy, Topher. Jay was working at his first Ad Agency, Blaine/Olsen/White/Gurr, and we thought our dreams were beginning to come true. We were right.

Things on My ToDo List Today: Call my sister, Kaylyn, to wish her a happy birthday, bring in a load of wood for the stove, help Lincoln practice sitting up (he's almost got it!), bring in another load of wood, watch my friend Jenn's little boy while she teaches preschool, work on an upcoming talk for church, wood, exercise, play Polly Pockets or princesses with Lacey Grace, help the kids practice their parts for the branch talent show (a comedic family piano number), listen to Topher and Ronan read "Who's on First" (Abbott and Costello) which is hilarious - the actors as well as the script; how much WOOD would a woodchuck chuck if...., buy bar soap for the tub because Jay's is tired of using Johnson's Baby Soap

What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire:
1. I'm not simply copying JeNeale, I really would love to do this - pay off the houses of my siblings and Jay's siblings.
2. Go with Jay and my children on fun adventures, a beachhouse for a week, Disneyworld, the Dominican Republic on a family service mission, a ski lodge with lessons for everyone, swimming with Dolphins in the Florida Keys, a cruise, etc.. I'd also love to do this with extended family members.
3. Build Jay an incredible studio over the garage where he could work and play and be inspired. (I think this would be my number one favorite thing to do.)
4. Pay off our student loans.
5. Publish my music - not necessarily for anyone else, just for my family.
6. Contribute more that $5 to the Perpetual Education Fund and the Humanitarian Fund.
7. Establish a scholarship fund in the name of my grandparents or my parents at BYUI or Iowa State.
8. Invest (not nearly so fun as the other stuff but important)
9. Give someone a $500 dollar Wal-Mart gift card (O.K. Cash and Jay, it doesn't have to be Wal-Mart) when they really need it like someone once did for us.
I think I just spent that billion dollars in five minutes. Can I have some more?

Bad Habits
1. Biting my lips
2. Eating candy (even if it belongs to my children and I haven't asked permission. I'm currently eating Ronan's Reese's and telling myself, "It's O.K.. I'll buy him another before he notices."
3. Losing my keys
4. Losing my cell phone

Places I've lived
1. Paul, Pocatello and Boise Idaho
2. Iowa
3. Dominican Republic
4. Salt Lake City
5. New Hampshire

Jobs I've Had
1. Video store customer service (3 times!)
2. Nanny
3. Governor's Mansion caretaker and manager.
4. Hotel maid (HATED this!!!)
5. Testing Center Proctor (Ricks College - fun place to meet boys)

Things people don't know about me
1. My feet are so flat that when I walk barefoot they make little suction-cup sounds.
2. I'm very scared of sharks
3. I'd love to go to cooking school.
4. I love cemetaries.

5 comments:

Jared and Maren said...

I have the same bad habits of candy (except Preston doesn't even notice:) and losing everything right before I REALLY need to use them.

Marisa said...

I so remember 10 years ago and coming to visit you guys in SLC (oh, and at the apartment) -- those are some of my fondest memories! Just being young couples, hanging out, doing puzzles, playing games, and thinking you guys were *so* big-time, being married and pregnant and having a couch and all. THEN, you go and move into a mansion... Has that been 10 years?!?!?

JeNeale said...

I love cemeteries, too! I always knew we like each other for a reason. The kids and I laughed when we read the losing your keys and cell phone thing. How about leaving car doors open?

I love reading about your life in NH. Things are different there (i.e. when was the last time I carried in wood?), but life with kids is the same everywhere.

By the way, the next time you eat the kids' candy, just tell them they forgot that they ate it earlier. :)

Jay Hill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauralee said...

Comment deleted? What? As this is my blog I get to make all the rules and the first rule is: No one deletes comments but ME! I really wanted to read that even if it was intended for someone else's blog, even if you misspelled the word awesom, even if you condemned me for biting my lips. There is nothing more enigmatic and frankly, disturbing than the words "this post has been removed by the author." Gee whiz!